Bonnie Yue Wang
Bonnie joined NZIER in September 2021. Prior to joining NZIER, Bonnie worked at Scion where her work focused on sustainable land management and climate change.
Bonnie has extensive research experience in the field of climate change mitigation, carbon trading, and sustainability.
She has undertaken economic modelling and been a key investigator in several national/international projects, including exploring the impact of the New Zealand Emissions Trading Scheme on Aotearoa’s economy and analysing China’s Emissions Trading Scheme on the national and Hong Kong’s economy.
Selected journal publications
- Wang, Y., Sharp, B., Poletti, S., & Nam, K. M. (2021). Economic and land use impacts of net zero-emission target in New Zealand. International Journal of Urban Sciences, 1-18.
- Wang, Y., Winchester, N., Webster, C. J., & Nam, K. M. (2020). Impacts of China's Emissions Trading Scheme on the National and Hong Kong Economies: A Dynamic Computable General Equilibrium Analysis. Frontiers in Environmental Science, 8.
- Nam, K. M., Li, M., Wang, Y., & Wong, K. K. (2019). Spatio-temporal boundary effects on pollution-health costs estimation: the case of PM2. 5 pollution in Hong Kong. International Journal of Urban Sciences, 23(4), 498-518.
- Yi, M., Gong, M., Wu, T., & Wang, Y. (2018). Nonlinear effects of urbanization and outward foreign direct investment on carbon emissions in China. Sustainability, 10(12), 4411.
- bonnie.wang[at]nzier [dot] org [dot] nz
- MOB+64 22 095 2355