We are the logical economics partner for any organisation planning its cyclical response or strategic direction. NZIER's experienced forecasting team looks at, and beyond, the next quarter and asks the important questions of the day.
Our commentary is based on analysis and robust frameworks, and draws on a wider team with deep and wide expertise in various fields of economics.
Members of NZIER have access to exclusive reports and data, including the long-running and highly respected Quarterly Predictions and the Quarterly Survey of Business Opinion. Our members also enjoy direct access to our forecasting team for advice.
We offer the following types of membership: Premium, Standard or Affiliate.
All memberships renew on 1 April every year.
Affiliate membership is offered to organisations who are members of NZIER partner industry and business associations.
To see if your organisation qualifies for affiliate membership please contact Christina Leung.
Our premium members receive services tailored to their business requirements, including industry or region specific forecasts and commentary.
We will discuss your requirements with you and develop an individualised package that is suited to your business needs. See additional services below for further potential inclusions.
Premium members also receive all the benefits of standard membership (listed below).
The cost of premium membership is NZ$6,950 per year (plus GST).
Our standard membership package includes:
- Electronic access, via our website, to Quarterly Predictions, Quarterly Survey of Business Opinion, CPI Forecasts Summary Table, and Consensus Forecasts.
- Access to NZIER staff members for clarification on forecasting matters, or to seek information on other economic issues.
- Priority email notification of new material entered onto the members-only side of our website.
- Attendance at NZIER's regular economic briefings in Auckland or Wellington.
- Attendance at NZIER's annual general meeting. The AGM is held in Wellington, and features a guest speaker.
The cost of standard membership is NZ$2,450 per year (plus GST).
The following services are available to all members by arrangement and at additional cost, or they may be included in individualised packages for premium members:
- tailored economic forecasts
- regional QSBO data
- expertise services
- training in economic concepts
- advice on how best to use economic forecasts
- periodic in-house briefings and special briefings for guests.
For all membership enquiries, please contact:
Christina Leung, CFA
Principal Economist and Head of Membership Services
Ph: 021 992 985