Available to NZIER members only.
Issued four times a year, Quarterly Predictions contains detailed and comprehensive forecasts of the New Zealand economy.
The focus of our forecasts are on the composition and drivers of economic growth. Empirical analysis is complemented by an examination of related economic and policy issues, and any risks attached to the forecasts.
The statistical appendix contains historical and forecast numbers for over 300 series, including:
- Economic growth
- Inflation, including prices and wages
- Monetary conditions, including interest rates and exchange rates
- Retails sales
- Exports, by sector
- Building consents
- Construction, by residential, non-residential & other
- Industry economic growth, with long term forecasts for 29 industries over four five-year periods
- Regional economic growth, with long term forecasts for 12 regions over four five-year periods.